One of our favorite ways to kick off the New Year is to try out new recipes. We love this healthy take on a classic dinnertime meal. The incorporation of fresh microgreens, citrus (a known immunity booster) and fennel (used for natural detoxification) provides an extra boost during the long winter months, while Hilary’s veggie burgers and organic potatoes keep this dish hearty and satisfying.
What you’ll need
- 1 package of your favorite Hilary’s Burgers (on sale through Jan. 31st!)
- 4 small red potatoes (in 1/2″ cubes )
- 1 small fennel bulb
- 1 cup mayonnaise or vegannaise
- 1⁄4 c Napa Valley Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (on sale through Jan. 31st!)
- 1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Raw Blue Agave (on sale through Jan. 31st!)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Rudi’s organic sandwich flatz
- 1 cup True Leaf microgreens
- Zest of orange and lime
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender, but not mushy. Drain well.
- While potatoes are cooking prepare the fennel. Trim off the root end and the top with stalks. Reserve the tops. Cut the fennel in half, lengthwise. Remove the center core. Cut each half lengthwise into thin slices – about 1/4″. Place the drained potatoes and half of the sliced fennel in a medium bowl (reserve the other half of the sliced fennel). Trim the wispy fronds from the fennel. Mince and set aside. Discard the stalks.
- In a small bowl, use a whisk to combine the mayonnaise, oil, juices, agave, garlic and pepper. Mix well. Pour 1/2 over the potatoes and fennel (reserve the other half of the dressing). Mix gently, then allow mixture to chill
- Heat the burgers on a skillet or in the oven until they are hot. Place microgreens and a bit of the reserved dressing on top of half of a sandwich flat. Next, place the burger. Top with sliced fennel and orange and lime zest.