Today’s recipe is packed with flavor- enough to stand alone as a meal, or if you prefer, serve it on a sandwich or over salad greens.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 Gala (or other red-skinned) apple, quartered & thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, quartered & thinly sliced
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 3 boned chicken breasts, roasted or poached, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
Prep apples, fennel, shallot and chicken and place in a large bowl. Blend dressing ingredients in a separate bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss thoroughly to mix. Add additional salt and/or lemon juice to taste.