The health and safety of our customers and team members is our number one priority during this time. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation by using the Pennsylvania Department of Health and CDC as our primary information resources. This is an ever-changing situation that we will continue to monitor very closely on a daily basis.
In accordance with orders from the Pennsylvania Department of Health, all customers must wear a mask or face covering while on premises. To read the full order and exceptions to the order, visit their website here. We will also have a designated team member monitoring the number of customers in the store during our hours of operation.
Adjusting our operations:
- Hours at all locations have changed to 11AM – 7PM* and all Cafes and Juice Bars are closed until further notice. *Douglassville will close at 6PM on Saturdays and Sundays. Downingtown and Kimberton will close at 6PM on Sundays.
- In order to accommodate the shopping needs of our senior and at-risk community, we will begin dedicated shopping hours for those individuals from 10 – 11am on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. We would like to thank our customers in advance for their understanding as we do our best to serve those most vulnerable.
- Draft kombucha, draft nitro coffee and drip coffee are currently unavailable.
- Select reach-in bulk products, bulk herbs and spices, nut butter grinders and coffee grinders are currently unavailable.
- At any store where it applies, we will temporarily be suspending our Hot Soup, Hot Bar, Salad Bar and Deli Counter services
For the safety of our customers & team members:
- We ask anyone exhibiting symptoms of illness, or anyone believing they’ve been exposed to coronavirus to take the recommended precautions and not shop at Kimberton Whole Foods.
- Limit shopping to one family member, whenever possible.
- Our team members will continue to frequently wash their hands and are required to wear gloves on the retail floor.
- All team members are required to wear a mask or face covering and will have access to disposable masks.
- Our stores will sanitize frequently touched surfaces including shopping carts and baskets, door handles, keyboards, pin pads, and checkout lanes.
- Disinfectant wipes are available at the front of the store for wiping off shopping carts and shopping basket handles.
- Practice social distancing and keep a safe distance from other shoppers and team members.
- Avoid handling and/or opening product that you are not purchasing.
- Observe the product limitations on specific items, noted on in-store signage.
- We will not be accepting BYO mugs for drip coffee or bulk, please leave yours at home.
- If you bring your own reusable bags to shop, we will kindly ask that you bag your own groceries.
What we’re doing for our team members:
- Updated our benefits to include: confirmed illness pay, direct-contact quarantine pay, and flexibility to our attendance policy.
- Team members are to practice social distancing in our stores, offices and facilities.
- We have implemented Appreciation Pay for our dedicated team members.
The KWF Team