The health and safety of our customers and team members is our number one priority during this time. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation by using the Pennsylvania Department of Health and CDC as our primary information resources. This is an ever-changing situation that we will continue to monitor very closely on a daily basis.
In accordance with orders from the Pennsylvania Department of Health, all customers must wear a mask or face covering while on premises. To read the full order and exceptions to the order, visit their website here.
Adjusting our operations:
- We have returned to normal store hours. Please review hours for your local store.
- The first hour of operation on Sundays will be a designated At-Risk and Senior Hour. We would like to thank our customers in advance for their understanding as we do our best to serve those most vulnerable.
- Select reach-in bulk products, bulk herbs and spices, and nut butter grinders are currently unavailable.
- At any store where it applies, we will temporarily be suspending our Hot Soup, Hot Bar, Salad Bar and Deli Counter services.
For the safety of our customers & team members:
- We ask anyone exhibiting symptoms of illness, or anyone believing they’ve been exposed to coronavirus to take the recommended precautions and not shop at Kimberton Whole Foods.
- Limit shopping to one family member, whenever possible.
- Our team members will continue to frequently wash their hands.
- All team members are required to wear a mask or face covering and will have access to disposable masks.
- Our stores will sanitize frequently touched surfaces including shopping carts and baskets, door handles, keyboards, pin pads, and checkout lanes.
- Disinfectant wipes are available at the front of the store for wiping off shopping carts and shopping basket handles.
- Practice social distancing and keep a safe distance from other shoppers and team members.
- Avoid handling and/or opening product that you are not purchasing.
- Observe the product limitations on specific items, noted on in-store signage.
- We will not be accepting BYO mugs for drip coffee or bulk, please leave yours at home.
What we’re doing for our team members:
- Updated our benefits to include: confirmed illness pay, direct-contact quarantine pay, and flexibility to our attendance policy.
- Team members are to practice social distancing in our stores, offices and facilities.
- We have implemented Appreciation Pay for our dedicated team members.
The KWF Team