We all know that exercising regularly; limiting alcohol, caffeine, and sugar; eating healthy meals that contain plenty of fruits and vegetables; and drinking lots of water are truly the best ways to support your immune system. But during a trying year, it’s possible that your exercise routine has been altered due to helping your children with remote learning, your stress levels have led you to some less-healthy eating choices, or you’ve turned to sweets or caffeine more frequently to cope with a world that feels tough to navigate some days. If you can relate to this, then a Vitamin C supplement may be a good choice for you right now to support your body during a difficult time. You can review the basics of Vitamin C supplementation, including recommended daily allowances, here.
Not sure which type of Vitamin C supplement is right for you? Below you’ll find some of our top-picks, along with a description of what makes each unique. As always, you should consult your doctor before starting a new supplement routine.
Food-based Vitamin C complex that blends easily into your favorite smoothie.
- Provides highly-bioavailable, naturally-occurring vitamin C from whole camu camu berry, whole amla berry, and high-quality, whole-food water extracts of acerola cherry. In nature, Vitamin C occurs as part of an entire complex, which includes other important cofactors that may assist the body with proper absorption.
- Convenient powder that you can mix into smoothies, shakes, water, or juice. No added sweeteners.
- 2 teaspoons provide 360mg of Vitamin C.
Vitamin C as Ascorbic Acid delivered in liposome nanospheres, easy on digestion.
- Created from phosphatidylcholine nutrient-filled liposome nanospheres made from NON-GMO soy lecithin. This protects the Vitamin C molecules to facilitate a more efficient transition through the digestive system and absorption into the bloodstream.
- Flavored with Certified Organic pure natural fruit flavoring and Certified Gluten Free stevia sweetener.
- 1 tablespoon offers approximately 3000 mg of Vitamin C.
Vitamin C as a mineral ascorbate in an easy, effervescent beverage.
- Contains Vitamin C in a “buffered form”, which may be easier on digestion, along with 15 other key vitamins and minerals.
- Flavored with real fruit juice powders. Just mix with water and enjoy!
- 1 packet contains 1000mg of Vitamin C.
Vitamin C as Ascorbic Acid, simple and easy to take.
- Simple and pure non-GMO ascorbic acid.
- No other ingredients. Dissolve in water or juice one to two times daily.
- ½ teaspoon contains 2,000mg Vitamin C.
Whole food Vitamin C in a tasty and convenient spray formula.
- Made with organic, non-GMO whole foods including amla berry, strawberry, tart cherry, and blackberry, with bioflavonoids and co-nutrients for optimal absorption
- Available in delicious flavors like Orange-Tangerine and Cherry-Tangerine, sweetened with stevia.
- 5 sprays contain 60mg of Vitamin C.
Naturally-occuring Vitamin C from camu berry, easy to incorporate into recipes.
- Camu berry is an abundant source of vitamin C.
- Red-orange powder with a tart berry flavor that blends well with other fruits in smoothies, juices, yogurt, and vinaigrettes. No added sugar or sweeteners. Try recipes like Camu Chia Pudding and Camu Berry Lemonade.
- 1 teaspoon contains 682mg of Vitamin C.
Liposomal Vitamin C in a convenient capsule.
- Utilizes liposomal technology for bioavailability and ease of digestion.
- Made using a soy-free sunflower lecithin emulsifier in high-quality, tightly-sealed Licaps® capsules.
- 2 capsules contain 1,000mg of Vitamin C.
Vitamin C as Ascorbic Acid – so delicious, you won’t forget to take it!
- Tart tangerine flavor, can be enjoyed by adults or kids.
- 100% vegetarian, pectin-based and gelatin-free.
- 2 gummies contain 250mg of Vitamin C.
Vitamin C as Ascorbic Acid, combined with Rose Hips in a sustained-release formula.
- Convenient tablets, swallow with food or water.
- Contains 100mg of Rose Hips. Free from sugars, common allergens, preservatives and artificial colors or flavors.
- 1 tablet provides 1000mg of Vitamin C.
Chewable Vitamin C as ascorbic acid, sodium ascorbate, acerola berry extract, and rose hips.
- Berry-flavored and fruit-sourced chewable wafers.
- Acerola is a cherry-like fruit that grows in warmer climates. This formula also contains 62mg of a multi-spectrum citrus bioflavonoid complex.
- Each wafer contains 500 mg of Vitamin C.