We believe that the medicines and supplements you use and the products you put on your body are just as important as the foods you eat. The products on our shelves are made from renewable resources found in nature, and all products are deemed safe by the EWG. Synthetic ingredients are only used when safe and when there is no readily available natural alternative ingredient. Our supplement brands are reviewed for quality, purity, and effectiveness, and all proprietary blends are vetted by our KWF purchasing team. Our goal is to provide as many non-gmo, organic, whole-food choices as possible.
None of our health and beauty products are tested on animals, because we don’t think that animals should suffer to bring us a better eye cream. We encourage our suppliers to get the international “leaping bunny” certification from Cruelty Free International.
Direct your questions to our knowledgeable apothecary team, or reference our Aisle 7 Database for a comprehensive health and wellness guide.
- Herbal Remedies
- Homeopathic Remedies
- Flower remedies for emotional health
- Vitamins, Minerals, Probiotics, and Omegas for men, women, and children
- Protein, meal replacement, and green powders
- Sports recovery products
- Natural remedies for seasonal wellness, first aid, gut health, and more
- Kimberton Whole Foods brand herbal extracts, formulas, and essential oils
- Natural and organic skincare
- Hair care for men and women
- Natural, non-toxic beauty products including perfume, makeup, hair color, and more
We aim to offer products that are free from:
- Parabens (synthetic preservatives that are potential endocrine disruptors)
- Petrolatum/Mineral Oil/Paraffin (by-products of crude oil with potentially dangerous impurities)
- Chemical sunscreens – avobenzone/oxybenzone (potentially hormone disrupting)
- Glycols (petroleum derived synthetic chemical that can draw other chemicals into the bloodstream)
- Phthalates (synthetic fragrance compounds that are potential toxins)
- Ethoxylated ingredients (made with petrochemical ethylene oxide that results in a trace contaminant which is classified as a possible carcinogen)
- Ethanolamines (can interact with other ingredients to form nitrosamines, a known carcinogen)
- Synthetic Polymers (may contain residual PAHs, an organic pollutant)
- Formaldehyde Donors (preservatives that work by releasing formaldehyde)
- Synthetic Fragrances (fragrances that use petroleum-based solvents for extraction as well as purely synthetic additives)
Herbalism is the use of plants (such as leaves, flowers, fruit, seed, stems, wood, bark, roots, rhizomes or other plant parts) to heal and...
Not to be confused with herbalism, homeopathy is therapeutic method that uses highly-diluted natural substances to relieve symptoms.
For some of us, Autumn means the unwelcome arrival of fall allergies. We’ve asked our knowledgeable apothecary team members for their go-to remedies.
We recently visited Vitality Works, the supplier of our Kimberton Whole Foods brand herbal extracts, formulas and essential oils, found in the Apothecary.
There’s something about summertime by the sea that does wonders for both body and spirit., but can have less desirable effects on your hair's health.
A collection of our favorite quick recipes for do-it-yourself body, hair and home care remedies using essential oils.
What can mushrooms offer? Discover the many known uses of mushroom supplements from immune support to cognitive functioning.
When she left the corporate world behind 20 years ago, Sharon Moncrief’s path took an entirely different turn. A lifelong love of plants, an interest...
As Winter wears on and we navigate cold & flu season, there are preventative measures you can take to strengthen your immune system and boost your...
Gary Parker, co-founder of Best Beards, explains that when he and partner Jason Hertzog first decided to develop the Best Beard product line, they...
It’s the time of year when we need to begin considering protecting ourselves from the elements, especially pestering insects. The Center for Disease control has listed...
Baobab (BEY-oh-Bab) is tree that consists of seven species, the most known being the African Baobab tree. The baobab tree thrives in dry climates...
Located in the mountains of Schuylkill County, PA, Hope Hill Lavender Farm has been home to Troy and Wendy Jochem for over a decade.
Derma e goes above and beyond to ensure that their skincare products are cruelty-free and eco-friendly. Their commitment to the environment shows in their...
Wedderspoon introduced the first Non-GMO verified Manuka honey products in the world, all made from sustainability harvested raw honey. Read our interview to learn more.
Our guide to current articles, resources and statements that can help answer your questions about supplements.
Over the summer Apothecary Team Member, Liz, had the opportunity to travel south to visit the Gaia Herbs farm. She returned with so much to share with us! Read our one-on-one interview with Liz to find out more about her experience at the farm.
Spring is the perfect time to freshen up your beauty routine with organic and locally made products, but changing out your beauty staples can feel...
For many of us, there are few things more enjoyable than soaking in a warm bath after a long day. Adding essential oil and...