We love cooking on the grill because the possibilities are endless! Prepare your favorite stone fruit on the grill to make an irresistible dessert that’s full of summer flavor.
What You’ll Need
- 5 or 6 of your favorite stone fruit (peaches are our favorite)
- 1/2 cup Napa Valley Organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 small, peeled ginger root
- Local honey (optional)
- Cut the fruit into halves (fruit pit can be removed, or left intact).
- As grill is heating, use a clean cloth to wipe grill with butter or olive oil.
- Allow grill to reach a medium-high temperature.
- Grill fruit halves with the cut side down for 3-5 minutes, rotating each piece once. Remove from grill when grill marks are even and fruit is slightly soft.
- Heat balsamic and ginger in a small pot on the grill for about 1 minute to create sauce, removing the ginger root before drizzling over fruit.
- Stir honey into balsamic sauce, to taste.
Place grilled fruit on a large plate, and drizzle fruit liberally with the glaze.
Garnish with fresh herbs, like basil or mint.
Serve plain or with ice or whipped cream.
This recipe was adapted from thepioneerwoman.com.