This tangy ranch-style dressing uses plain kefir in place of buttermilk. Nutrient-dense avocados lend a velvety texture and vibrant hue. Use as a dip for raw vegetables, tortilla chips, or over salad greens! This recipe is courtesy of the Independent Natural Food Retailers Association (INFRA), of which we are proud members.
What You’ll Need
- 3/4 cup Redwood Hill Farm plain kefir
- 1/2 avocado
- 2-3 tbsp sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or white vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh herbs (chives, parsley, tarragon, or dill)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, optional
Combine all ingredients in a small food processor or blender.
Blend for 30 seconds to one minute, or until smooth.
Season to taste with salt and fresh black pepper.