Hot summer nights often leave us wondering what to make for dinner and wanting to avoid using our stoves in an effort to stay cool. Beat the heat and use the abundance of seasonal veggies with this refreshing gazpacho recipe!
This chilled soup is made using raw, blended vegetables and is popular throughout Spain and Portugal.
What you’ll need
• 2 lbs. ripe heirloom tomatoes (3-4 large), cored and quartered
• ½ large cucumber, peeled and roughly chopped
• 1 bell pepper, roughly chopped
• ½ shallot
• 1 clove garlic, peeled
• ¼ cup Kimberton Whole Foods Arbequina Olive Oil
• 1 ½ Tbsp. red wine vinegar
• ½ tsp. smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon kosher or flakey salt
• In batches (depending on the size of your blender), puree all ingredients until smooth. Combine into a pitcher (for easy pouring when serving) or bowl.
• Adjust seasonings to taste.
• Refrigerate immediately and serve chilled. Can be stored for up to 3 days.
Traditional gazpacho if often strained with pureed bread added for creaminess. We like ours straight from the blender for a heartier texture and more fiber. Serve with crusty bread or top with garlicky croutons, extra chopped veggies, herbs, and a generous glug of good olive oil.