For many of us, there are few things more enjoyable than soaking in a warm bath after a long day. Adding essential oil and other nourishing ingredients to your bath is a great way to treat yourself to a luxurious experience that will help your body naturally relax and recover. Rose oil retains the same signature fragrance as the flower it is derived from, typically the Damascus Rose, and has a wide range of benefits, making it one of the key ingredients for a soothing bath mix. It can be used to calm skin irritation, alleviate sore or cramped muscles and assist in overall detoxing. This essential oil comes in several forms that are influenced by the distillation process. Otto rose oil is ideal for creating a soothing bath – ask our Apothecary Team Members which rose oil is best for your wellness goals.
What you’ll need
- ¼ cup Epsom Salt Plus Inc. White Mountain epsom salt.
- ¼ cup Himalaya Salt or Every One Himalayan salt. ¼ cup Bob’s Red Mill baking soda.
- ⅓ cup Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar (or white vinegar).
- 10 drops of Simplers Botanicals Rose Otto essential oil.
Measure out the dry ingredients in a glass jar that can be tightly sealed (like a mason jar). Keep the measured liquid ingredients in separate seal-able containers. Place bath items in a pretty basket or box to give to Mom on Mother’s Day, along with these instructions:
• Begin drawing a bath with very warm or hot water
• Pour apple cider vinegar into bath water
• Add salts & baking soda to bath, mix until dissolved
• Adjust water temperature to your preference
• Add rose oil and stir water
• Soak in bath for up to 30 minutes.
*After a bath, you may feel a bit lightheaded. Remember to breathe deeply and move slowly after any bath, as your body readjusts