Kimberton Whole Foods customer, MaryAnn Neblock, was kind enough to share this photo and recipe for Lamb Meatballs with Yogurt-Mint Sauce with us. She prepares them using Quarry Hill ground lamb and enjoys them served alongside Brittany Natural Foods brand orzo. (Sold at select Kimberton Whole Foods locations.)
Makes 20-24 meatballs.
What You’ll Need
- 1 extra large egg
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pressed
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- cayenne, to taste (1/8 tsp or less)
- 1 lb ground lamb, defrosted if frozen
- 1/2 cup plain panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
For Mint Sauce:
- 1 6-8 ounce plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint, or more if you like
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (to taste)
- optional: a bit of grated garlic
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, beat egg lightly. Add: 1 tbsp oil, garlic, salt, pepper, spices and mix. Add lamb and mix, then panko and parsley and mix to combine.
Roll into balls about 1 1/4 inch in diameter and place on a sheet pan lined with non-stick foil or parchment paper. Makes approximately 20-24 meatballs. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. Bottom will be browned and the meatballs firm. Check one for doneness.
Meanwhile, prepare yogurt mint sauce by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl.
Serve with pita, naan, and homemade (or store-bought, such as Brittany Natural Foods brand) orzo salad.