This Corn Quiche recipe was shared with us by Kimberton Whole Foods customer, MaryAnn Neblock. This recipe is her version of the Fresh Corn Quiche from The Mainstay Inn in Cape May, NJ.
What You’ll Need
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/2 small onion, or roughly 1/2 cup chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups Natural by Nature half & half
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Woodstock sweet frozen corn, thawed
- 1 Wholly Wholesome deep-dish frozen pie crust, thawed
- Optional: 1 tbsp chopped chives
Preheat oven to 375F. (350 for convection)
Melt butter in a skillet, add onion and saute till soft.
In a large bowl mix: beaten eggs, half & half, flour, sugar, salt, and pepper. Add the corn and the butter-onion mixture.
Add chives (if using) and gently pour or ladle into crust. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 45-55 minutes.
Filling will be puffed and golden. Transfer to a rack; cool slightly and serve.
Tips from MaryAnn: 1) Don’t overfill if you have extra filling. 2) This recipe is easily baked ahead and reheated.