Scientists all over the world continue to make strides in decoding the importance of beneficial bacteria in the gut, as it pertains to health. While we can get caught up in the small details of this bacteria or that species, Dr Zach Bush, CEO and founder of Restore 4 Life, is working to simplify the message. “We are a part of a larger ecosystem, both within us, and around us. There are tens of thousands of species of bacteria, fungi, viruses, and parasites all working in concert for the greater good of the human and Mother Earth. We are just a tiny piece of biology on the planet. Whenever we go against nature, nature always prevails.”
Dr Bush, who is a classically trained medical doctor with specialties in Endocrinology, Internal Medicine, and Palliative and Hospice Care, accidentally discovered a molecule in soil that changed his whole view on health, and the body’s innate ability to heal. “In 2012, our science team discovered a molecule, made by bacteria, that could act as a communication or messenger molecule for bacteria, allowing species to communicate between themselves as well as to the mitochondria within the cell. This discovery became the dietary supplement called, Restore 4 Life.”
Further research indicated that environmental herbicides could be the root cause of the severe lack of diverse microbiome now being seen across the world. The United States sprays over 300 million pounds of glyphosate, the active ingredient in Round Up, per year on soy, corn, wheat, sugar beets, cotton and other staple crops. Glyphosate was originally patented as an antibiotic, killing beneficial bacteria and injuring the gut lining, the only protective barrier we have against toxic overload.
Dr Bush cites epidemics of disease as a wakeup call to immediately change the way we think about health. “Whenever I see sickness of any kind, I believe there is a deficiency of nature.” Restore 4 Life provides a bridge between the earth and humans to protect us against these herbicides which now test positive in 75% of rain and air samples. 
Why is gut health important?
- Gut health is critical to digestion and absorption, as well as energy, protein, and enzyme production.
- The gut membrane is made up of barrier cells which work with bacteria to form a protective shield between the outside world and your inside “world”.
- 90% of serotonin, 50% of dopamine, and most of your melatonin is made in your gut – not your brain. Gut Health = Brain Health.
- 80% of the population suffers from gas, bloating, indigestion, and heartburn, all stemming from poor gut health. 
Why do we lack gut health?
A healthy gut houses thousands of species of beneficial bacteria, fungi, viruses, and parasites. This ecosystem can be disrupted in the following ways:
- We’re losing touch with nature. We don’t grow our own food, and we’ve lost our critical connection with dirt.
- Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup, is the most heavily used herbicide on the planet, and is patented as an antibiotic. It kills our bacteria and damages our gut membrane. It’s sprayed on wheat, soy, corn, sugar, fruits, veggies, cotton and more!
- 30 million pounds of antibiotics per year are used in the meat we consume. 
- 8 out of 10 people in the US use prescription antibiotics every year. 
Why RESTORE for gut health?
- RESTORE goes beyond probiotics, helping your gut optimize its own diverse ecosystem.
- RESTORE has been shown in lab studies to protect the gut and blood-brain barriers against gluten and glyphosate injury.
- RESTORE reduces toxins in the bloodstream by strengthening barrier function. (Give your immune system a break!)
- RESTORE supports cellular communication, optimizing hydration and nutrient absorption.
- RESTORE works via the Gut-Brain Axis (by sending signals through the vagus nerve) to boost mood.
What is RESTORE and How to Use?
- RESTORE is US sourced from fossilized soil. The active ingredient (Terrahydrite®) isn’t bacteria, it’s a family of molecules made by bacteria.
- These molecules facilitate the essential communication networks for bacteria and cells by way of redox biochemistry.
- The makers of RESTORE recommend one teaspoon 3x/day. They say optimal gut support is achieved when taken 30 minutes prior to meals, but RESTORE can be consumed at any time of the day.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
1. Green Med Info; Environ Toxicol Chem.
2. Virtual Medican Centre; Cleveland Clinic; Web MD
3. U.S. Food and Drug Administration, “FDA Annual Report on Antimicrobials Sold or Distributed for Food-Producing Animals in 2011”, Feb. 5, 2013.
4. IMS Health Inc., “USA Analysis of Antibacterial Molecules Summary Report”, April 16, 2012.
This is a sponsored blog post.