This recipe utilizes Lotus Foods rice ramen, which cooks in just 3-4 minutes and has an amazing, chewy texture that we love! This dish is brightened up by fresh vegetables and a tangy almond butter dressing.
Serves 4 | Recipe courtesy of Lotus Foods and @anettvelsberg
What You’ll Need
For the noodle bowl:
- 1 packet Lotus Foods Millet & Brown Rice ramen
- 1 cup trimmed and chopped asparagus
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 cup deseeded cucumber half-moons
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced spring onions
- 1 cup trimmed and chopped sugar snap peas
- 1 cup julienned carrot
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 cup fresh Thai basil
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 2-3 tbsp crushed peanuts to serve
- 1-2 tsp chopped chili to serve (optional)
For the almond butter dressing:
- 1/4 cup smooth almond butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or other hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove grated
- 2 tbsp water
To make the noodles, bring salted water to a boil in a medium-sized pot. Add the noodles and cook for a minute, then separate the noodles with a fork. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes, until the noodles are tender. Drain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
To prepare the asparagus, add 2 inches of water to a medium-sized pot and add a steaming basket. Add the asparagus to the base of the basket. Steam the asparagus for 4-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the asparagus, until tender. Set aside.
Make the dressing by whisking together the almond butter, lime juice, maple syrup, rice vinegar, soy sauce/tamari, Sriracha, grated ginger, garlic and water until smooth. Set aside.
In large bowl, add the drained noodles with the asparagus, cucumber, scallions, shallots, carrots, cilantro, Thai basil, mint and and 1/2 of the dressing. Toss until evenly mixed.
Divide between bowls and top with additional dressing spooned over, crushed peanuts and chopped chilies (if using). Best served immediately. Enjoy!