Our KWF Recipe Developer Extraordinaire, Colin Brett, recently shared this summer picnic and barbecue staple. We love this slaw because it’s simple, crunchy and packed with nutrients!
Recipe makes 2-4 side dishes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 cup of diced Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of fresh chopped mint
- 1/3 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of fresh chopped ginger
To make the slaw mix together the shredded carrots, diced apples, chopped almonds, salt, dried cranberries and the fresh chopped mint in a large bowl.
To make the dressing simply blend together the lime juice, ginger, and honey in blender or food processor for a few seconds until smooth.
Lastly, mix dressing into the slaw and enjoy!