These are recipes we enjoy all summer long – plus, they’re easy to scale up or down based on how many people you’re serving. The Pineapple Mango Salsa is excellent over chicken or fish, or simply as a dip for tortilla chips.
Asiago Stuffed Jalapeños
- 6-8 organic Jalapeños peppers
- 8 oz Organic Valley cream cheese
- 1 cup grated asiago cheese
- Country Time Farm bacon, cook and crumbled (optional)
Cut peppers in half length-wise. Strip out the inner membrane and seeds. Mix together room temperature cream cheese and asiago. Fill peppers with cheese mixture. Top with bacon if desired. Place on non stick cooking sheet or line sheet with wax paper/nonstick aluminum foil. Bake at 450° until peppers are soft and cheese is melted. These can also be made on a grill.
Pineapple Mango Salsa
- 1 organic pineapple, diced
- 1 organic mango, cut in half and cubed
- 1 organic red onion, finely chopped
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1 organic Jalapeño or other pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 lime, cut in half
- Kosher or Himalayan salt
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Squeeze juice of both halves of the lime over the mixture and add salt (and more of any of the above ingredients) to taste. Delicious served chilled, at room temperature or as a topping for grilled fish or chicken.