Asparagus is in it’s peak season, a perfect time to enjoy this nutritious and colorful salad.
What You’ll Need
- 1 bunch organic asparagus, halved with ends trimmed
- 1 lb organic strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup fresh organic basil, finely chopped
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted preferred
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- To blanch asparagus, cook in a large pot of boiling water for approximately one minute. Immediately place into a bowl of ice water until cool.
- In a small dish, thoroughly whisk the olive oil, garlic, vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard into the desired consistency for the dressing. For a thicker dressing, add more honey and Dijon mustard.
- Place asparagus, strawberries, basil, pine nuts, and feta cheese in a serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing. Toss with sea salt and cracked black pepper. Serve chilled.
Recipe provided by of Four Seasons Produce.