Our weekly Real Meal offers you a healthy dinner idea, allowing you to make the most of the organic and all-natural products featured in our Weekly Real Deals. This recipe for Cauliflower and Chicken Sausage Casserole comes together easily with less than ten ingredients. It’s warming and hearty, perfect for a cool Autumn evening!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Cut 1 head of cauliflower into bite-sized florets about 1-inch wide. Boil for 2 minutes, drain, and rinse with cold water to stop cooking, then return to pot.
- Heat a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and then the sausages. Cook until browned evenly, then set aside to cool. Once cooled, slice into small bite-sized pieces.
- To the same pan, add 1 diced onion, 4 cloves garlic (minced), and 2 sprigs of fresh thyme. Sauté, stirring frequently and scraping up any browned bits at the bottom of the pan, for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain 1 28-oz can of whole peeled tomatoes and reserve the liquid. Crush the tomatoes with your hands, add them to the pan, and stir to combine. Add the reserved tomato juices and cook for about 5 minutes more. Turn off the heat, taste, and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Add tomato sauce and sliced sausage to the pot with the cauliflower and stir to combine. Transfer to the baking dish and spread into an even layer. Mix 2/3 cup bread crumbs and ¼ cup grated Parmesan together in a small bowl, then sprinkle them evenly over the cauliflower. Drizzle lightly with a little olive oil.
- Bake until breadcrumbs are browned and the sauce is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with crusty bread, if desired!
Recipe courtesy of The Kitchn.