Our weekly Real Meal offers you a healthy dinner idea, allowing you to make the most of the organic and all-natural products featured in our Weekly Real Deals. This recipe for Pan-Seared Sausages with Apples and Onions is versatile and can be served alongside potatoes, roasted winter squash, or another vegetable of your choice.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook sausages in a drizzle of oil until browned on the outside, and cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Return pan to medium heat, then add 1 onion (sliced) and 1 apple (sliced). Stir and cook until tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Next, add 1 cup apple cider and 2 tbsp freshly chopped sage. Increase heat to high and cook until liquid is slightly reduced. Add lemon juice, and remove pan from the heat.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer onions and apples to plates. Top with sausages.
- Whisk 2 tbsp butter into the cider mixture (off of the heat) until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle over sausages.
- Serve alongside mashed potatoes, rice, or another starch or vegetable of your choice. Enjoy!
Recipe inspiration courtesy of Epicurious.