Our weekly Real Meal offers you a healthy dinner idea, using our favorite organic and all-natural products. (And featuring products from our Weekly Real Deals.) This week, try Sockeye Salmon with Citrus Glaze and Zucchini Salad. It’s a light and flavorful meal, perfect for Spring!
- Thaw 1 whole fillet of Wild for Salmon Alaska sockeye salmon.
- Position a rack in the oven 3 inches from the broiler. Line a sheet pan with foil, drizzle with oil, and place the salmon on the pan.
- Combine 1/3 cup dark brown sugar, 2 tbsp lemon zest, 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp ground black pepper in a small food processor, and process for 1 minute or until well combined. Spread mixture over the salmon and let it sit for 45 minutes at room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 zucchinis (peeled into thin “ribbons”), the juice from 1/2 of a lemon, 2 tbsp choped parsley or basil, and salt and pepper, to taste. (Optional: add freshly shaved parmesan.) Keep chilled.
- Turn on broiler. Broil salmon for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked through. Allow it to rest uncovered for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve salmon with zucchini salad.
Salmon recipe from Alton Brown. Zucchini recipe from Eat Drink Paleo.