Our weekly Real Meal offers you a healthy dinner idea, allowing you to make the most of the organic and all-natural products featured in our Weekly Real Deals. This week’s recipe is a rare treat, to be enjoyed when high-quality, flavorful heirloom tomatoes are available. Koch’s turkey fillets are a great local product that make for quick weeknight meals. Let us know what you think in the comments below!
- Heat a grill pan or flat, heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season turkey fillets generously with salt and pepper if using plain fillets. (Do not season if using pre-marinated fillets.)
- Grill or sear turkey fillets for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, toast slices of your favorite bread. Spread each side with a combination of mayonnaise and prepared pesto.
- Stack heirloom tomato slices, cooled turkey, and a generous heap of spinach (or lettuce, or arugula) on one slice of bread, and top with the other half. Repeat for additional sandwiches. Slice sandwiches in half, and serve!