A simple guide to roasting a whole turkey | Get the details on pre-ordering your natural or organic holiday turkey, here.
- Remove your fresh turkey out of refrigeration; bring to room temperature no longer than 1 hr.
- Season your turkey with salt and pepper, dried herbs, or use a butter rub under the skin.
- You may choose to roast your turkey at a lower temp for longer time or higher temp for shorter time.
- Using an internal thermometer is the safest way to determine if your turkey is done.
- According to the USDA a turkey must be cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- After removing from the oven, allow your turkey to rest 20 min before carving.