A simple, all-purpose marinade to add flavor to grilled meat and fish this summer. This recipe was shared with us by Kimberton Whole Foods customer, MaryAnn Neblock. MaryAnn shares, “Use this marinade on chicken, pork chops or tenderloin, tofu, or salmon. This is a ‘master recipe’. You can use it as a base recipe for an Asian-style dipping sauce by omitting the pineapple juice and adding sliced scallion and/or sesame seeds.”
Makes about 1 cup
What You’ll Need
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar (can substitute white vinegar)
- 2 tbsp agave (can substitute brown or raw sugar)
- 1 large garlic clove, grated or pressed, to taste
- 1-2 tsp grated fresh ginger, to taste
- scant~1/8-1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, to taste
Combine all ingredients and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
For chicken or pork, marinate for 4-6 hours. For salmon 1-3 hours is enough. Grill or roast, and enjoy!