With Autumn’s arrival, we are ready to begin cooking and baking with local apples once again! Try this Gluten-Free Apple Muffin recipe as a hearty breakfast or after school snack. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Recipe yields 12 muffins.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 4 cups Bob’s Red Mill One-to-One Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 cup raw sugar, plus more for topping
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt (or milk, or non-dairy milk)
- 2 apples, peeled, quartered & chopped
- rolled oats
Preheat oven to 350° F. Mix first 6 ingredients in a large bowl, forming a well in the center. Combine wet ingredients (next 4 ingredients) in the well, then fold in dry ingredients and apples. Scoop into a paper lined muffin tin, filling 3/4 of the way, and sprinkle the tops with oats and sugar. Bake 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven, allow to cool in tin for 1-2 minutes, then remove promptly. Serve warm.