Our weekly Real Meal offers you a healthy dinner idea that you can get on the table quickly, using our favorite organic and all-natural products. This Chicken Nugget Caesar Salad will surely become a family favorite: crispy chicken nuggets, local lettuce from Lancaster Farm Fresh Co-op, a simple dressing, and homemade croutons.
- Prepare Applegate chicken nuggets according to package directions.
- Slice bread of choice into small cubes, and toss with a drizzle of olive oil and a dash of salt and garlic powder. Bake in a 375 F oven or toaster oven until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, whisk together a heaping spoonful of mayonnaise with a generous drizzle of lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt, to taste. (You’re looking for a thick dressing consistency.)
- Add chopped romaine to the bowl, and toss until coated. Finally, add (slightly cooled, chopped) chicken nuggets into the bowl along with the croutons. Toss once more to coat with dressing.
- Divide into serving bowls and top with grated Parmesan cheese. Optional: Serve in your favorite wrap!