This recipe was created by Demond Mullen, founder of SWEEETHEAT sauces and rubs, based in Philadelphia. Demond was running his barbecue catering company, Streetside BBQ, when his customers started asking to purchase the spices, rubs, and accompanying BBQ sauces he used on the food. Now his all-natural and homemade products are available at your local Kimberton Whole Foods.
What You’ll Need
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 chicken breasts, diced
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- ½ cup SWEEETHEAT Spicy Homey Honey BBQ Sauce
- ⅓ cup pineapple, diced (plus more for serving, optional)
- 4 flour tortillas
- Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- Bacon, cooked and chopped
To build quesadillas: Place a tortilla in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add a generous amount of cheese onto the tortilla, then spoon in a portion of BBQ chicken mix.