We pride ourselves in stocking our stores with the highest-quality ingredients with which you can make any variety of healthful, delicious meals. Still, we know that sometimes a hectic weeknight calls for something you can put on the table quickly and with little-to-no effort. That’s why every week we’ll inspire you with a speedy weeknight meal that can be prepared using products made by brands we trust.
This week’s inspiration is a speedy stir-fry. Never used tempeh? Don’t fear! It’s easy to prepare and is a delicious and minimally-processed plant-based alternative to meat. Have this dinner on your table in just 5 steps!
- Heat rice following package directions. (We used Seeds of Change pre-cooked basmati rice, but feel free to cook any type of rice you like.)
- Slice tempeh crosswise into 1/4 inch thick pieces*. Heat oil in a large, flat saute pan. Sear the tempeh until golden brown, then set aside.
- To the same skillet, add a bit more oil, then add sliced scallions and shredded carrot/broccoli mix. Saute until just crisp-tender.
- Add a generous amount of San-J Teriyaki and the drained water chestnuts, and stir-fry until vegetables are tender. Add tempeh back to the pan and toss to coat. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve stir-fry over rice. Optional: Garnish with roasted, chopped peanuts for extra crunch and flavor.
*If you are planning to make this meal and have the extra time, try marinating the tempeh in the San-J Teriyaki sauce for up to 12 hours for even richer flavor, then proceed with recipe as directed.