Each week in 2018 we’ll be bringing you a healthy dinner idea that you can get on the table quickly, using our favorite organic and all-natural products. This week’s inspiration is Madras Curry Chickpeas served over jasmine rice. The tropical flavors of South India are captured in this zesty sauce, with deep flavors of black pepper and coriander. You can have it on your table in just 5 steps!
- Prepare jasmine rice according to package directions.
- Chop scallion and red bell pepper.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat, and add a drizzle of oil. Add vegetables, cook until softened.
- Add 1 jar Maya Kaimal Madras Curry sauce, 1 can of drained and rinsed chickpeas (garbanzo beans), and 1 bag of frozen, cut spinach. Bring to a simmer.
- Serve curry chickpeas over rice, and garnish with a generous handful of chopped cilantro. Optional: Serve with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt.