This simple and flavor-packed recipe comes to us from Maya Kaimal, makers of delicious Indian simmer sauces and dals. With just a few fresh ingredients and a jar of their Kashmiri Curry, you can have this delicious meal on your table in under 30 minutes.
What You’ll Need
- 1 lb large cremini mushrooms, quartered (about 8 cups)
- 1 red Bell Pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 container Maya Kaimal Kashmiri Curry
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, more for garnish (optional)
- basmati rice, cooked, to serve
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In a large bowl, toss the cut mushrooms and peppers with the oil and salt. Spread vegetables on a baking sheet and place in the oven. Roast for 15 minutes then remove the sheet and give the vegetables a stir. Return to the oven and roast until the mushrooms are shrunken and lightly crisped on some edges, about 5 minutes more.
Heat the Kashmiri Curry sauce in a pot over medium heat. Add the roasted vegetables and continue cooking until everything is heated through. Add the chopped cilantro if you like.
Serve with basmati rice or grain blend. Garnish with additional cilantro if you like.