We pride ourselves in stocking our stores with the highest-quality ingredients with which you can make any variety of healthful, delicious meals. Still, we know that sometimes a hectic weeknight calls for something you can put on the table quickly and with little-to-no effort. That’s why every week we’ll inspire you with a speedy weeknight meal that can be prepared using products made by brands we trust.
This week’s inspiration is a twist on the classic Reuben: we prepare this vegetarian version with a convenient ready-to-eat veggie burger found in our freezer section. Have this dinner on your table in just 5 steps!
- Warm veggie burgers according to package directions, then set aside.
- Brush just one side of bread slices with olive oil. Spread Thousand Island or Russian dressing on the non-oiled side.
- Start building sandwiches: On half of the bread slices (dressing side up), place a slice of Swiss cheese, then a veggie burger, a scoop of sauerkraut (drained), and finish with a second slice of Swiss cheese. Press another slice of bread on top of that, dressing side down.
- Griddle sandwiches over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes per side, or until toasted and warmed through. (Use a nonstick pan, cast iron pan, or panini press.)
- Serve with your favorite chips. Optional: Serve with a green side salad to round out this meal.