We’re ready for all things pumpkin! These Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal Crumble Bars are gluten-free, and can be made vegan, if you like. These are great as a healthy dessert, or decadent breakfast. This recipe originally appeared on the blog, Athletic Avocado, which is run by local bloggers, Bethany and Rachel. Enjoy!
What You’ll Need
- 1 cup oats (gluten-free if needed) plus 2 tbsp
- 4 sheets of graham crackers (gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg, beaten (sub flax egg for vegan option)
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup plus 1/4 cup, plus 1/2 tbsp
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream OR cream cheese
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1/2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
Combine 1 cup oats and graham crackers in a food processor. Blend until flour-like consistency is reached. Pour into a large bowl. Mix in baking powder.
In a separate bowl, mix together applesauce, egg and 2 tbsp maple syrup. Add to oat-graham cracker mixture and mix until fully blended.
Spoon mixture into loaf pan and spread evenly. Baked for 15 minutes.
Mix together pumpkin, coconut cream (or cream cheese), 1/4 cup maple syrup, and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice. Add to loaf pan, spreading evenly.
In a small bowl mix together remaining oats (2 tbsp), coconut oil, 1/2 tsp maple syrup, and 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice until a crumb mixture forms. Spoon on top of pumpkin mixture. Bake for another 20 minutes.
Let cool and slice into 8 bars. Enjoy!