Our weekly Real Meal offers you a healthy dinner idea, allowing you to make the most of the organic and all-natural products featured in our Weekly Real Deals. This week’s recipe is a twist on a Thanksgiving sandwich – these Chicken Sliders with Pumpkin Mayo have all the flavors of fall that we love.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place whole chicken (giblets and neck removed, if necessary) breast side up in a roasting pan. Rub olive oil, salt, pepper, and some fresh thyme (removed from stem) all over the outside of the bird. Roast for approximately 70-80 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165F. Remove from the oven and allow it to sit for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ¼ cup mayonnaise with 2 tbsp pureed pumpkin, a generous pinch of paprika, and salt, to taste.
- To serve, shred or slice chicken. Toast dinner rolls. On one side of each roll, spread some pumpkin mayo. On the other side, spread cranberry sauce. Top with chicken and serve.
- Optional: Turn it into a grilled sandwich! Add a slice of your favorite cheese to each sandwich, and heat on a griddle until melted and warm throughout.