Our weekly Real Meal offers you a healthy dinner idea, allowing you to make the most of the organic and all-natural products featured in our Weekly Real Deals. This week’s recipe makes a delicious weeknight meal, and would also make a tasty dish to serve to guests this holiday season.
- Preheat oven to 450F. Place one rack directly under the broiler, and leave the bottom of the oven open. (You will be baking directly on the bottom of the oven). Remove (thawed) dough from the refrigerator to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Toss 1 lb trimmed and halved brussels sprouts (quartered if very large) on a baking sheet with olive oil, 6 garlic cloves (whole, with skins), salt, and red pepper flakes. Arrange cut-side down on the tray, and roast for about 15-20 minutes, until browned and tender.
- Meanwhile, remove casing from salami and slice into thin rings, then quarters. Slice mozzarella into ¼ inch thick planks. Slice 1 shallot into thin rings, and toss with the juice from one lemon and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
- When brussels sprouts have cooled, remove the garlic cloves and squeeze from their paper skins. Mash together in a bowl with 2 tbsp oil and stir to combine.
- Place dough in the center of a clean baking sheet, and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil. Spread to coat, and stretch the dough outward until it reaches the rim of the baking sheet. Drizzle garlic oil all over, and season with salt. Top with mozzarella, brussels sprouts, and salami slices, distributing evenly.
- Bake pizza on floor of oven until underside is browned and edges are puffed and starting to turn golden, 7–10 minutes (lift up edge of pizza with spatula to peek underneath). Then, turn the broiler to high and move the pizza to the top rack. Continue cooking until cheese is bubbly and browned. Remove from the oven.
- Drain shallots, then scatter all over the pizza before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit.