Our weekly Real Meal offers you a healthy dinner idea, allowing you to make the most of the organic and all-natural products featured in our Weekly Real Deals. This week’s recipe is fresh and citrusy Orange Garlic Shrimp. Wild-caught white shrimp are on sale this week from Wild For Salmon, a locally-owned business based out of Bloomsburg, PA. Serve over rice or rice noodles.
- Thaw shrimp.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together ½ cup fresh orange juice, 1 ½ tsp orange zest, 1/3 cup chicken broth, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 3 tbsp honey, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, and 2 tsp cornstarch. Set aside.
- Pat the shrimp dry to remove as much moisture as possible. Toss shrimp with salt and pepper (about 1/4 tsp of each), and ½ tsp sesame oil.
- Heat a 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and heat just until it’s beginning to smoke, then add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Flip shrimp to opposite side and cook until pink, about 1 minute longer. Transfer cooked shrimp to a clean plate.
- Add ¾ cup chopped bell peppers and 1 ¼ cups broccoli florets to the wok over medium-high heat and allow to cook 1 minute without moving. Stir the vegetables and cook until lightly browned and crisp, about 30 seconds.
- Add the 1 ½ tbsp minced garlic and 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger to pan and stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Whisk the orange sauce, then gradually add it to the side of the pan, stir sauce continuously as it gathers on bottom of pan. Allow the sauce to boil, stirring constantly, until the sauce has thickened, about 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp back to the pan and allow to just warm through, about 30 seconds. Season with more salt and pepper to taste if needed. Serve over hot rice or rice noodles.