Our weekly Real Meal offers you a healthy dinner idea, allowing you to make the most of the organic and all-natural products featured in our Weekly Real Deals. This week, try Oven Ribs with Cauliflower Salad for a flavorful and summery meal, perfect for enjoying outdoors. This would also be a great meal to cook up for Dad this Father’s Day!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place ribs on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Sprinkle a generous amount of BBQ rub all over ribs. (Try this one.) Cover tray with foil and bake for about 1.5-2 hours.
- While ribs are cooking, toss cauliflower florets from ½ a head of cauliflower with 1 tbsp olive oil and spread on one half of a baking pan. On the other half, add 12oz asparagus (sliced into 2-inch pieces) and brush with another tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast in the same oven as the ribs for about 30 minutes, turning once, until cooked through.
- Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas, then add to a mixing bowl. Toss with the (cooled) asparagus, cauliflower, ½ cup sliced red onion, 10 grape tomatoes (halved), and ¼ cup feta cheese. Season with salt, pepper, and a splash of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, to taste.
- Once ribs have cooked for at least 1.5 hours, remove them from the oven, and spread some BBQ sauce over them. Return to the oven, uncovered, and increase the oven temperature to 450F, and bake for another 10 minutes. Broil for an additional 3 minutes to get the sauce to caramelize, if you like.
- Allow the meat to rest before slicing and serving.
Recipe inspiration courtesy of cafedelites.com and stephaniesain.com