Our weekly Real Meal offers you a healthy dinner idea, using our favorite organic and all-natural products. (And featuring products from our Weekly Real Deals!) This week, try this restaurant-worthy meal that comes together with just a handful of ingredients. Blackened Pacific Cod with Polenta and Grape Tomatoes is made using Wild for Salmon Pacific cod loin. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place grape tomatoes onto a large square of aluminum foil. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes and top with some chopped garlic, fresh thyme, and salt. Wrap the foil tightly to keep juices inside, set on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven until tomatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, lightly coat 1 lb cod with spray oil or extra virgin olive oil. Pour about 2 tbsp of blackened seasoning blend on dry plate and carefully coat each side of the fish with seasoning. (Or use your favorite cajun seasoning, or simply a dusting of smoked paprika.)
- Pre-heat a large, flat-bottomed pan over medium high heat, add a drizzle of oil, and cook cod until heated through and flaking at the edges, flipping once halfway through cooking.
- In a separate skillet, pan-fry polenta in a small amount of oil, until just browned and heated through. Serve polenta alongside cod, topped with roasted tomatoes.
2 thoughts on “Real Meals: Blackened Pacific Cod with Polenta and Grape Tomatoes”
YUM! 🙂 Can’t wait to try this.
Thanks for reading!