Our weekly Real Meal offers you a healthy dinner idea that you can get on the table quickly, using our favorite organic and all-natural products. (And featuring products from our Weekly Real Deals!) This week, enjoy this gluten-free Ricotta and Chard Cauliflower Crust Pizza, topped with savory caramelized onions. If you don’t have time to wait for the onions to caramelize, simply substitute some sauteed mushrooms, eggplant, or another quick-cooking vegetable in their place.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, cook a sliced onion in a bit of oil for 20-30 minutes, or until very tender and caramelized. Optional: add freshly chopped thyme and garlic about halfway through cooking.
- Stem, chop, and steam the swiss chard. (You may substitute spinach, kale, or other hearty greens) Drain and squeeze out excess water.
- Pre-bake the Cali’flour crust following package directions.
- In a medium bowl, mix ¾ cup ricotta, 1 egg yolk, ½ cup Parmesan, and the drained chard.
- Top the pre-baked crust with ricotta mixture, followed by the caramelized onions.
- Bake until evenly hot and just starting to brown.