Our weekly Real Meal offers you a healthy dinner idea that you can get on the table quickly, using our favorite organic and all-natural products. (And featuring products from our Weekly Real Deals!) This week, enjoy this simple and warming soup made with bone broth. Prepare a double batch of this Butternut Squash and Pear Soup so you have extra for lunches throughout the week!
- Prepare Lundberg rice according to package directions.
- In a large soup pot, heat a drizzle of oil over medium heat. Add 1 diced onion, and cook until softened. Add 3-4 cloves chopped garlic, and cook just until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
- Add cubed butternut squash and 2 diced Anjou pears, along with 2 cartons of Kettle & Fire chicken bone broth.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, then puree with an immersion blender or regular blender. Season generously with salt, pepper, and (optional) ground cardamom and nutmeg.
- Spoon rice into serving bowls and ladle soup over top. (May also be served without the rice for a lighter meal.)